Saturday, May 25, 2019

Trying cheap Chinese sold external catheters

I decided to give the worst rated and least recommended external catheters from China a shot just to see what they were really like. Could they be that bad?

Finding them was one of the hardest things since they sell on Amazon but cannot advertise as a "catheter" but a "pee bag" or "urine collector".


The devices came in well packed but with bad instructions.


One of the first devices I tried had a kink in the hose before I even put it on. I knew this was going to be bad.


This cut off drainage and after no time it leaked.

The second device, I actually had a little hope for. The tubing was thick and it fit well.


I wore it all day without any issues,


It drained properly, and works flawlessly. I actually will be using this in the future (but with so many knockoffs online, I can't assume you'd get the same so I can't recommend it).

The last one, also the cheapest one... coming in at $15, didn't even fit. I didn't get to review this one.


I'm going to reuse some of the parts and try to use the tube into my own makeshift "pee collector" lol.

Long story short, you might find something that works, but it's mostly bad quality goods. Most of the reviews had 2-3 stars and a lot of complaints. The shipping also took a really long time.

2 comments:

  1. What if you get boner while walking or sleeping wearing it

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends on the situation. Generally wile walking, you do feel it move around, which can cause an erection, but I've been lucky to not have a problem.

    Now, with sitting or napping, it's a huge issue. It can move the device away from your body and break the seal... which can cause leaks.

    I try not to sleep with it on though.

    ReplyDelete