Tuesday, February 12, 2019

As promised. A post from a follower:

This story was sent to me from a follower with the intent to put on my blog and not from me.



As a relatively young man, I'm 26, I have a pretty active life. I feel like I've been in your boat but I don't have it as bad.

I had a bad car accident when I was a teen and was in a wheelchair for over 6 months. During that time I had to be catheterized. I had a few bad UTIs, like you, which caused permanent damage.

This leaves me with a slight leak. I can mainly hold it on my own and I don't require to be wearing something to stop the leak most the time. I just have to stay away from the caffeine and chocolate.

Occasionally I have to wear depends but in the day time if I'm going to be out long I'll wear Goodnites because a) I can still fit in them b) they are easier to buy because people assume you're buying it for a kid c) they are stealthy. No noise and since I only leak a little it's the best thing for me. Other times i wear 2 pairs of briefs.



My only issue is when I hit the gym. I'm still doing rehab probably will my whole life so I have to go. The problem is now I'm not on my parents health insurance and on my own, I have to fend for myself.  Which means a private gym. No longer the rehab center where no one looked at you if you were wearing diapers. And since you are working out it's a must.

I wear my diapers to the gym but, you'd think it would be weird, it's not. No one's ever asked me about it. I try not to look around but I'm sure I do get the off stare.

Anyway, I've had my moments of frustrations, my highs and my lows. I keep the struggle. And I thank you for your blog. I'm glad I'm not the only one hiding from my condition.



Thanks for your post and words of encouragement. I'm lucky to have my own home gym and I never even thought how uncomfortable that could be. Thanks for sharing!



No comments:

Post a Comment